University Course Planner The University of Adelaide Australia

CHEM 4090A - Honours Chemistry Project (Two Year) Continuing

Career: Undergraduate
Units: 4.5
Term: Semester 1
Campus: North Terrace
Contact: By supervision
Restriction: Available only to students admitted to the relevant Honours program
Available for Study Abroad and Exchange: No
Available for Non-Award Study: No
Incompatible: CHEM 4060A, CHEM 4060B, CHEM 4070A, CHEM 4070B
Assessment: Report, thesis, seminar and oral examination

Students will undertake a research project under the supervision of an academic in the Department of Chemistry that will provide advanced knowledge and skills for professional or highly skilled work and/or further learning. The intention is that students will collect and present novel scientific data of a quality that could be published in the open literature however, students will not be penalised if their research project does not produce conclusive results.

Course Fees

To display course fees, please select your status and program below:

Student Status


What type of place are you studying in

Commonwealth supported
Full fee paying

Study Level

Postgraduate Coursework
Non Award

Program of Study

Study Abroad student tuition fees are available here

Only some Postgraduate Coursework programs are available as Commonwealth Supported. Please check your program for specific fee information.


Course Outline

A Course Outline which includes Learning Outcomes, Learning Resources, Learning & Teaching for this course may be accessed here

Critical Dates

Term Last Day to Add Online Census Date Last Day to WNF Last Day to WF
Semester 1 Tue 14/03/2023 Thu 23/03/2023 Fri 09/06/2023 Not Available

Class Details

Enrolment Class: Seminar
Class Nbr Section Size Available Dates Days Time Location
14907 SE01 25 25 3 Mar - 9 Jun Friday 12pm - 1pm Badger, G31, Macbeth Lecture Theatre
Related Class: Thesis
Class Nbr Section Size Available Dates Days Time Location
19116 01NT 25 25 This class does not have any timetabled face-to-face sessions. Please check MyUni or contact your Course Coordinator for details.